Friday 29 August 2014

Summertime Photgraphy Scavenger Hunt 2014: Welcome home


Hello hello.

With just over 3 weeks remaining until the end of the scavenger-hunting season [hosted by Rinda] I'm going to have to get a move on if I'm to find all 21 categories by the 23rd Sept deadline. Not that I'm doing too badly ... just 3 to go!

But not all of them will be as easy to find, or as close to home, as this one ... 

No.1: A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
This was always going to be one of the categories which required the least leg work to fulfil wasn't it?

It's not like I had to go very far, although, to be fair, I did pause to take this shot during a bit of a run, [Yes, I know! Go me! I do run now. Occasionally...], so it wasn't entirely without effort.

Anyway ... here it is:
What with the penny farthings and all that it's certainly attempting the olde-worlde feel, but it's not an old sign. In fact my own memories of that corner extend back much further than the sign does ...

Head past it and along the road in one direction and you'll reach my parents' house, my childhood home or, if you turn yourself around and head up the bank on the other side and you'll eventually reach where my Grandma used to live.

Stagger off a few metres down the road from here and you'll end up at the pub where James and I first met [a long time ago now!] then about-turn to wind yourself down the road over there, and you'll be on the doorstep of the house we bought together.  [Only don't really do that. That would be weird. And I'll just tell the police I don't know you ...]

Well, I seem to have wandered off the scavenger hunting point there, haven't I? That was literally a trip down memory lane!

For the 3 final photos in the hunt I may have to stray slightly further afield than I did to find this sign ...

... unless of course I just open my garden gate and make it count as No.19: A public garden!

---------------------------------

If you missed them you can catch-up on this week's other home-themed posts:
Thanks for dropping in on my virtual home today.

Julie :-)

2 comments:

  1. Still makes me smile that we have grown up so close together as just past that lamp post is my Nana's house and round the corner on the estate my childhood home. Just up the hill one of the big white houses was my best friend's house and I know one of the pubs well. It's still my brother's local.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful village sign. Sadly our village doesn't make that kind of effort :(. I still have tons to find. Really need to pull my finger out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.